Huntington Pilot Plant
Huntington Pilot Plant was located at Cole Street and Alterizer Avenue in Huntington, West Virginia. It is a DOE site so workers are eligible for Part B and Part E claims from 1951-1963 and 1978-1979. The AEC built the plant in 1951 to supply nickel to Paducah and Portsmouth Gaseous Diffusion Plants. It was shutdown in 1963 but remained in standby condition until its demolition in 1978 or 1979. The contaminated debris from Huntington was buried at the Portsmouth Gaseous Diffusion Plant.
DOE's Legacy Management considered Huntington Pilot Plant for FUSRAP. Environmental Management does not have a webpage for Huntington.
DOL provides Part B and Part E statistics on the Huntington Pilot Plant as well as exposure information from their Site Exposure Matrix on Huntington.
NIOSH has technical basis documents for the Huntington Pilot Plant but no Special Exposure Cohort applications have been filed.